Monday, June 16, 2014

Almost Done!

I was editing over the weekend and I came to a conclusion:  I am almost done!  What an awesome feeling that is when you can look at your work and think, hey I can send it to my beta readers in probably only one or two more months.  This is awesome.   Now granted,  someone may look at the fact that I put one or two months right there, but for me that's pretty good with being a mom, full time worker, and writer all at the same time.  Everyone knows, the more things you have going on in life, the less time you have to spend on each individual one. 
I have my work separated into two piles.  One is my completed work, as in edited half of the book.  It's in my favorite color folder, blue.  That means I have gone through it, both with myself and my writers group has eyed it over and it's been edited. 
The half that I am still currently editing is in my black folder, meaning I am still editing it, between me and my writers group.  My book right now is ruffly 255 pages and when I have 150 in the blue, and already made my written edits on another 50 in my black folder (just needing to fix the typed version), that means I only have around 50 pages left to edit. 
I already have my beta readers on board (my entire dentist office), that means I can get it out soon.  My original goal at the beginning of the year was to get it sent out to the publishers by the end of the summer, and then about two months ago, after camp Nano, I changed it to sending it out to the beta readers by the end of the summer instead.  So far I feel that I am going to make my goal!

No comments:

Post a Comment