Wednesday, June 25, 2014

To Be or Not To BE

So my family reunion is coming up.  Nothing huge, just the most awesome family on the planet getting together for a full weekend.  Last year we started a tradition of helping the host family out by doing a little auction with donations from us family.  The proceeds go to the family reunion costs for that year.  Well I donated drawings of our family that I drew last year and I have been working on it for the last couple days because our reunion is at the end of July.

Point I am getting at, is that the thought has crossed my mind, as it has I am sure, so many others. "Why bother even going back to working on my book?  Why bother, I have more time to work on other things I love, like drawing."  NO!!

You can not think like that.  If you don't get it done, edit and send it out to anyone to get the process started, who will read it?  Who will know of your awesome idea?  NO ONE!    Snap out of it.  It is ok to take a hiatus every now and again.  It's healthy  to do something different work on a different, no-writing project every now and again.  But to completely stop is murder.  You heard me, MURDER.  You can't just let the story end. 

If everyone who used that excuse, we wouldn't have a wheel, light bulb, computers, or anything useful, because it took time, energy and concentration.  It took the sacrifice of that which we love.   Think of your future book lovers.  Now think of the fact that they aren't there until you get your book out there.

So that's my schpeel.  Take it as you will.

Destiny :)

No comments:

Post a Comment